Thursday, December 13, 2012

Taylor - Me as a reader


As a reader I am forgiving and extremely open. I pride myself in this because it sets me apart as an almost non-denomination reader who crosses the borders of genres and allows me to be very captivated by near any author who ignites a passion of their subject in their reader. This is also where I stand in Stag’s Leap because she is so captivating in her angst and desire for reasoning of her divorce. She pleads, cries, desires, forgets, and reminisces all while still pulling the reader in and allowing them to experience her emotions along with her.
This book has proven itself as substantial in explaining a women’s struggle in divorce and meshes well with how I approached this book as a reader. You have to be okay with the fact that poetry is a means of expression of forbidden thoughts through metaphor and delicate use of diction.

No comments:

Post a Comment